The Payroll Tax and Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring payroll tax accuracy and maintaining compliance with tax regulations for all Workforce Go! clients engaging in payroll activities. Leads and develops a team of payroll tax specialists. Maintains strong internal and external client relationships by addressing questions and escalations with accuracy, a sense of urgency, and professionalism. Demonstrates strong independent problem-solving skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Core Competencies)
- Manages and is accountable for on-time execution of tax responsibilities, including project deliverables.
- Coordinates with key business partners to review and monitor cross-departmental process impact.
- Reviews and analyzes payroll tax procedures; applies continuous improvement methods to streamline processes and mitigate risk.
- Leads, hires, trains, and develops payroll tax specialists.
- Manages and reports on key performance indicators and metrics.
- Develops staffing plans and establishes work schedules; prioritizes team workload to maintain service levels.
- Works with federal and state tax agencies, and third parties to resolve client escalations.
- Oversight of internal and external compliance requirements, regulations and confidentiality provisions for the tax team.
- Subject matter expert/resource for the tax team and external clients.
- Overall maintenance and development of procedures and policies related to the payroll tax department with understanding of their correlation to other cross-department impacts.
- Assure all client associated Federal, State and Local payroll tax liabilities and associated regulatory tax filings are completed 100% accurate and on time.
- Maintain accurate ongoing client accounting reporting related to client funding for payroll tax liabilities.
- Oversight and collaborative relationship management with 3rd party payroll tax system provider to insure long-term stability of solution as it relates to our business.
- Actively participate with the management team in cross-functional business improvement initiatives.
CREDENTIALS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Related Discipline plus 8+ years’ experience in the Payroll Tax field or the equivalent of 12+ years’ experience in Payroll Tax field.
- 5+ years’ experience in Payroll Tax Management; Prefer Payroll Tax Service Provider related experience.
- 5+ years’ working with third party payroll tax compliance tools such as MasterTax, PTM, Empower, LT Tax, etc.
- Demonstrates analytical skills.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Possesses strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage others.
Benefits Include: 401k, Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations, Paid Sick Days
Job Type: Full-time
- Payroll tax field: 8 years (Required)
- Third-party payroll tax compliance tools: 5 years (Preferred)
- Payroll tax management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- United States (Required)