PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Core Competencies)
The Workforce Go! Accounting Associate performs a variety of accounting tasks related to the maintenance and processing of accounts payable, client billings and general accounting tasks. Our ideal candidate will constantly strive to meet and exceed the goals of our organization and the accounting department.
As an Accounting Associate you will:
- Uphold the Values of Workforce Go!
- Receive and review vendor invoices and ensure that information is properly posted and the records contain appropriate authorization for payment.
- Prepare client invoices according to signed contracts.
- Import and reconcile client invoices between accounting and operating systems.
- Assist in the processing of daily cash receipts.
- Ensure client files are properly maintained and updated with current client information.
- Assist with monitoring, collecting and resolving accounts receivable aging items.
- Reconcile accounts and prepare necessary reports for management review.
- Perform administrative and clerical functions as needed.
- Assist with the process documentation of accounting procedures.
- Perform any other duties pertaining to the needs of the accounting department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Workforce Go! Accounting Associate must:
- Have good written, verbal, and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Have a strong command of the English language (written and verbal) and understand/practice proper e-mail etiquette
- Have proven ability to manage multiple priorities independently and maintain deadlines
- Be resourceful and results oriented
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and other common business software
- Experience with automated accounting systems
- General understanding of accounting practices and principles
- 3 or more years of related experience in an accounting environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work in an office environment; sustain posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time; use hands to grasp and reach; occasionally stoop or kneel; see, hear, and speak with sufficient acuity to successfully perform all aspects of the job; use telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; lift up to five pounds of weight.